"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Repair tech: Michael Mason, x3410 (Sinsheimer), x3690 (Biomed), email@example.com
Locations: 229 Sinsheimer, 104 Biomed
Drop-in hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 2:30pm
Mission: To maintain and repair lab equipment,
and to assist with other equipment issues, such as -
· equipment-related training
· instrument modifications
· instrument interfacing
· instrument design
· equipment purchases
Submitting a job: Instruments should be clean and completely decontaminated before being brought to the shop. Each instrument must be accompanied by an instrument safety form (download a copy). In Sinsheimer, these can be found in an envelope hanging on the repair shop door - place instrument and form on the cart to your left as you walk in.
Recharges: The cost of parts used in instrument repair will be recharged. The repair shop will cover the paperwork, but an account number and authorized signature will be needed.
Job prioritization: The following priority scheme is generally applied, with occasional exceptions.
1. Emergency and safety-related work
2. Scheduled preventive maintenance on common equipment
3. Repair of common equipment - teaching
4. Repair of common equipment - research
5. Repair of lab equipment (or consultation) for PI's in the Biological Sciences (MCD, EEB, METX)
6. Work for other UCSC units